Sunday, November 18, 2007

Play dates....

Jackson had one of his best friends over Friday afternoon to play because Friday is a no-preschool day and he gets bored while Landon sleeps. They played so well together. 10 minutes before her mom came to pick her up I mentioned that they should try to hurry and finish their game so it wasn't interrupted too quickly. I then took a moment to lay on my bed and read my people magazine. I accidentally fell asleep. I was abruptly woken when I heard the front door shut. Her mom had come in, put on her shoes and coat, gathered her things, and left with her while I snoozed on my bed. Pathetic. Just so you know, if your children are invited over to play with my children, I don't typically make it a practice to snooze my way through the play date. Chalk that one up to embarrassing parenting moment and move on.

11 comments:

Syd said...

That's pretty funny Jayne. I only laugh b/c I could see that happening to me!! You are so cute. Looks like you had a great time in NY. And I'm glad that Landon ended up having a good birthday!! Little Smartie Pants!!

Lyndsey said...

i love it!! i am soo tired tonight and you made my day!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I remember being woken up by the person I was babysitting for once as a teenager. The kid was asleep but I was still really emabarrased since I had just met them and I was a little disoriented when I woke up.

Audrey said...

That is hilarious!!! The next post I want to read is what happens when you invite her kid over again and the response you get.

Becca said...

I LOVE IT!! After all, what do you expect to happen when your kids actually leave you alone for 10 minutes, I really don't think that my outcome would have been any different!

DeGooyer Family said...

Jayne, this is SO funny. I haven't done this yet, but my day is coming. Maybe with the 4th child. =)

Rischel said...

hilarious!!
Oh......let me know how the next play date goes!

Anonymous said...

Opps! It is always so much easier to let your kids have friends over so they can entertain each other instead of bugging you! Isn't that why we let them have friends over? They are like little babysitters!

Laurissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Ouch... Could definitely see that happening to me.

Jill said...

That is classic, I LOVE it!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.