Friday, May 18, 2012

Landon's Kindergarten Fishing Field Trip.....

Landon's Kindergarten class went on a fishing field trip.  It was to a fish hatchery, so the pond was stocked.  But that didn't mean it meant for easy fishing.  We were split into groups when we arrived.  I was in charge of Landon and one other boy.  Most parents had only one or two kids in their group.  This was a well supervised event!
First we were allowed to explore inside the hatchery museum for a bit.  They had some huge fish tanks with large fish to observe.


We were then given instructions on how to use the fishing poles and rules regarding the actual fishing procedure.  It was a beautiful day to fish!


We had zero success in the actual catching of fish.  But I enjoyed spending time with this little guy.  We  put our poles away and had a picnic on the lawn.  Landon wanted to take a picture with Nella.  He likes her braids.  Landon loves the ladies!

The kids weren't allowed to ride home with the parents, they had to ride the bus.  His teacher took this shot of him on the way home.  Nothing like fishing to make a boy tired.

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.