Visiting Ben in St. George had been in my plans for awhile. Shawn had a few days off, so I was able to head west. Conveniently, my brother Matt also had the same plans. Matt left his home in Arizona in time to pick me up at the airport in Vegas. We drove together to St. George. Rather than crash Ben's in laws house (the Greens), we opted to stay in Charlies apartment. Only. Charlie was out of town on business. Boring. It would have been nice to see him too! I learned, however, that nothing is ever really boring with Matt around. He kept me up talking into the wee hours of the morning when we'd snag a few hours of sleep and then get up for the day. Crazy. I'm not a kid anymore. Every morning we'd head over to the Green's house where they'd graciously let us forage for food and play with Emmerson while Ben got showered. Then we would take Ben to work (boo) and go hang out with Jena and Emmerson until it was time to go get Ben for lunch. He cut back his hours at work drastically, and was able to come and go frequently. He said, "Jayne. When you have a debilitating disease, you can pretty much do what you want." Ben. Love his sense of humor. If you know him, you can hear him saying that sentence and it makes it even more hilarious. We picked him up for lunch and headed to a park with Costco pizza. Perfect day for it.
One of the days we were there Jena had some things she needed to get done, so Matt, Ben, and I took Emmerson on a little hike. First stop? Wendy's for lunch. These pictures are priceless because up to this point Emmy wouldn't sit on Ben's lap for longer than 3 seconds. He got a full 3 minutes this particular time.
We then headed up to Snow Canyon. Which is totally misnamed because I seriously doubt it has ever seen snow. But. It has a great walking/hiking path that is paved and perfect for Ben's wheelchair and Emmy's toddler feet.
Emmy had so much fun running down the paved path. Until it was time to turn around. Going back was slightly uphill and she was less than enthused. Ben was allowed more time with her on his lap which he truly savors.
I had such a great trip. I love love love my brothers. They are truly good men. Ben is such an amazing husband and father. And Matt will be to whomever the lucky girl is that he chooses. I'm so grateful to have had this time to spend with them.
Matt conveniently needed to head for home just in time to drop me back off at the airport to catch my flight. Thanks boys for the entertainment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.

1 comment:
For the record-snow has been seen in Snow Canyon--by me! And I have also seen ice there too. Like a lot of ice. Like enough ice that if you accidentally step on it, you will slide all the way down a very long and very steep hill and probably end up with some pretty great ice burns and a lot of people laughing at you. But I'm not going to tell you how I know that!
Post a Comment