Presley turned 3 last month. I have to say that 2 gets a bad rep. It's 3 that I've never enjoyed. However. Because Presley is my last baby, and we currently spend 9 hours a day of "just us", it's not that bad. I kind of enjoy her. We have our moments. But it's fun to have a toddler (can I still call her that?) without toting a new baby along for our adventures.
For her birthday, I bought her some boots. She loves shoes, boots, and anything sparkly that can cover her feet. She wears them with everything. And wears them all the time. I manage to get them off her feet before she gets into bed. Sometimes.
At age 3 Presley also loves Dora the Explorer. We've been on many adventures with Dora. Because I forgot to make her a birthday cake (she's the fifth child. don't judge me) I found the perfect little Dora cake Presley size just for her. And she loved it. So much that she didn't share with us.
Presley's hair is constantly growing so it appears that she has bangs, even though I've never cut them. Those little wisps are constantly getting in her way so she swipes them out of her eyes a lot. Causing this food on the forehead phenomenon.
After bathing the beauty to rid her of the purple glow, she discovered the presents. And she had no hesitation in opening them.
Barbies and princesses. What more could a girl ask for. We dress and undress barbie countless times in a day. She does prefer them to be nude. She likes to line all of her barbies up in a straight line. Can you say OCD? Also at this current age she loves dresses. Twirly ones. Pink ones. Sparkly ones. She always says "Mom, I want to wear my pretty dress". Sometimes she lets me choose. Sometimes she chooses herself. When she's dressed she likes to twirl in front of the oven where she can see her reflection and say "I'm so cute!" What we lack in talent we make up for in confidence. Oh. And she wears the boots. Can't forget the boots.
She is also a dancer. Loves anything music. When Ethan practices his xylophone she can be found nearby dancing to the song.
She's also gotten very creative lately. Making toys into something she prefers. Like the marble works. Never used a marble once. But this week the pieces are parts of a flute, tuba, or trombone. And she walks around the house "playing" her instruments.
Her favorite TV show in all the world is The Fresh Beat Band. Probably contributing to her love of anything music. She says hilarious things constantly. Like last week when she didn't want Shawn to buckle her into her car seat she yelled, "Leave me alone! This is my life!" Hilarious coming from such a small person. She is very friendly and wants to "go talk to her". Meaning, that girl over there wherever that girl might be located. Last week we took Jackson lunch and she "wanted to go talk to her" across the table. The girl with the sparkly earrings and shiny shirt. She has an eye for fashion and figured the girl would want to talk with her also. We all adore this Presley girl. And she knows it. And we are all okay with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
4 comments:
What the...whey didn't it leave my comment? Glad I came back and checked. Well, it was the most brilliant of comments, sorry you missed it, ha ha! Happy Birthday Presley!!
Happy Birthday Presley!
I CANNOT believe she is 3! Great post!
She is such a cutie. What an adorable smile.
Post a Comment