Halloween was on a Monday this year. Which actually means the celebrating started on Friday and went through the weekend until the actual holiday. We were in costumes three out of the four nights, and receiving candy at all events. Talk about a sugar rush. Friday was the city wide downtown trick or treat event. All of the downtown business' pass candy out to eager kids. It is crazy crowded. And the kids don't ever want to skip it. I know because I tried to convince them it wasn't worth the effort. I was fighting a losing battle.
This was the first year Presley actually understood that if you smile big enough, and say trick or treat loud enough, you get a candy reward. She couldn't get to the next place fast enough. She tired out (or I was tired of chasing her down) and strapped her in a stroller after an hour.
For this particular event she was a bunny rabbit. She changed costumes every time she put one on. She was also a bumblebee, frog, spider, and I'm sure she was something else at some point. Dressing up and getting candy?! Presley's idea of the perfect holiday.
Kennedy dressed up as a doctor this year. For this event anyway. The next night her and her best friend went as a two headed person. They figured with the crowds downtown navigating would be easier if they weren't connected. She makes one cute little doc.
Jacks obsession for all things Harry Potter transferred to his costume as a death eater. He had a mask, but it made him too uncomfortable. His excitement for life often shows in pictures. I love it!
And Landon. This is my favorite costume he's worn. Not because of the costume, but because of the personality that arrived with the wearing of the costume. Landon became Mario. He kept saying, "It's a me, a Mario" in his little fake Italian accent. A-dor-a-ble. And the mustache Kennedy drew on him made him that much more authentic. And cute.
Ethan didn't dress up this year, but he still wanted the candy. I thought he was too old to beg for goods, but he insisted. He put on pajamas and called himself pajama boy. Goofy kid. He isn't pictured solo, but I promise he was present. Next year I might pull the mean card. But this year he collected loot.
These next two pictures are my favorite.
Why? Because they depict the reality of what my life truly is. Kids. On both sides of me. Following behind me. Walking in front of me. Talking to me. Surrounding me continuously. And I wouldn't have it any other way. (unless a fight breaks out)
Presley was worn out at the end. Don't let the yawn fool you. All of her candy was consumed before she even considered sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment