Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family Time...

Two weeks ago Shawn checked into a hotel for an entire week. Only an hour away from us. He has his oral anesthesia boards coming up and has been seriously neglecting the books. The week gave him time to see "where he was at" and gave himself a jump start into diving in before the big test. It also gave me and the kids an excuse to meet him for dinner in the city. We chose Fritz's. Definitely for the novelty. The food wasn't anything to write home about.


The restaurant has a train theme. After you order by phone, a small train runs on a track above your head, places your food on a conveyor that runs down to deposit it on your table. Pretty cool for kids. And they thought it tasted better than anything they've ever eaten. I beg to differ. But the experience made it worth it. Because the weather was unbelievably gorgeous, we took the opportunity to run around outside for a bit afterwards. Too cold to play in the splash fountains, but perfect for running near them. And wearing out their little bodies.


Unfortunately, the pictures I have don't actually depict very much movement, unless you count thumbs hitting buttons as exercise. But I promise. Those kids ran. And ran. And we made it home just in time to get to bed.
Because this post seems pretty lame to me, I'm adding a picture of a recent activity between Jack and Landon. Jack likes to carry Landon around like this. And Landon actually encourages it. Crazy kids. But pretty creative if you ask me.

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.