Sunday, August 22, 2010

St. Louis....

A few weeks ago I took the kids to St. Louis for a few days. All except Ethan (I thought I had a few more years before he started thinking staying home would be more fun). Shawn wasn't on call the entire week, so it worked out that he was able to stay home. A little weird for me to only have four kids along for the ride. Like I was missing someone. Which I was. Obviously.
We headed over on Wednesday. We spent the evening at Monkey Joe's bouncing in their room full of bounce houses. This was also Kennedy's actual birthday, so she chose this place to enjoy. Thursday we headed to the Magic House where we met Natalie and her kids Max and Jonnie. Loved seeing them! Sadly the only pictures I took the entire vacation were in the car the few minutes we waited for Natalie to join us! (But they are still cute ones)




The Magic House sure has expanded since we last visited. And it was worth every single penny to get in. However. My children are such varying ages that it made it difficult to keep tabs. While there I called overhead for Kennedy, found a lady with a walkie-talkie to help find Landon, had Jackson in tears because he couldn't find me for 30 minutes, and almost lost Presley at some point I'm sure. I feel like out of the 3 hours there I spent 2 1/2 trying to find one of my children. I need to hook them up to some kind of a shock collar system. Or just give them cell phones.
That night we played in the hotel pool and drove around a bit. It gave Presley a chance to take a short nap in the car.
The next day the youth in our church were meeting at the St. Louis Temple and I needed to be there. Natalie graciously offered to watch my kids for me. What a huge undertaking. They had such a great time. I just wish I could have spent more time with Nat! (We'll make up for it, I'm sure).
That was the perfect little vacation. Short and sweet. Just how they should be.

3 comments:

Melanie Chambers said...

Jayne, just checking in to say hi. Your family is sure cute. Your little baby is not so much a little baby anymore. She's adorable. The magic house pretty much rocks. Take care. Have a great book.suggestion..it's called Devil in the White City.

Lyndsey said...

oh my that baby isn't so baby anymore! sad!! mine isn't either...they need a play date. what a fun trip, wish it would have been in ID with us!

DeGooyer Family said...

We miss St. Louis! There were so many fun, cheap things to do and see. Hope your kids had a good first day of school!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.