Last night my girls Julie and Michelle picked me up for the 30 minute drive to the Missouri State Fair. It was in the car I learned that none other than Colbie Caillat would be opening for Sheryl! I know a lot of her songs, and happen to be a fan. (Shawn once said he wished she could sing him to sleep every night. He's obviously a fan of her voice also.)
Before we could sit through a concert, we obviously had to fill our bellies with "fair food". Michelle and I opted for the ginormous corn dog while Julie stuck with a gyro. We snapped a few shots while waiting.Me, Julie, and Michelle. These are also two of my runner girls. Rare that we spend time together in clothing that isn't running gear. It was hot enough last night that we were sweating almost as much as when we run. Good times.
The seats we had tickets for were actually split up. Two were front row, and one was for row 5. We decided we would rather sit together than be able to reach out and touch the performer. We were finally able to convince two older women in the fifth row that we weren't indeed trying to scam them by offering to trade seats. We were sitting pretty 1/2 hour into Colbie's performance. She did not disappoint!
After Colbie (obvious first name basis since we spent so much time together) there was a 30 minute break for the stage crew to get ready for Sheryl. (Also now first name basis) They really ramped up their style in prep for her performance. When she came onstage I was surprised at how little she was! She is also a very classy performer. So real. During her song "strong enough to be my man" she was talking with the audience about how she wants to find a man with a real job. That makes more money than her. And that likes to spend money less than she does. So real. However. I knew NONE of her new songs. Embarrassingly enough, I had no idea she had a new album out. Pathetic. When she'd go back to her famous '90's songs you could tell who was in my age group! Still a great concert.
We bowed out a little early because funnel cakes were calling our names. (our bladders were screaming a little bit too.) We sat and ate these babies outside the concert.
Hot Fudge funnel cake covered in whipped cream. Also a first for me. (Sad. I know.)
After chatting for awhile we decided we better head home because the crazies were starting to make their debut. But. We then turned back for some fried potato things that we ate too fast to get a picture of. Fair Food. Perfect way to end a perfect evening.
4 comments:
call me green-I'm envious- I went to quite a few concerts in my early years but none so cool as Sheryl Crow and Colbie Caillat! And that funnel cake oh man..
first i am very jealous and would love to have seen that concert, and second, YOU REALLY HAD NEVER BEEN TO A CONCERT??? How did i not know that???
My first? Mike and the Mechanics. Only because my mom won them from a radio station. Talk about lame....
don't be embarrassed I have only been to one concert and it was some country chick that I didn't even care about...I was just excited to be going to a concert. We ended up leaving early because it was so lame. Didn't help that I couldn't stand country music:)
Post a Comment