For the last two weeks Presley has been singing "happy happy shoe shoes" repeatedly. We've all thought it was so cute. We've even joined in. It wasn't until this morning that I realized she's singing "happy birthday to you". Adorable.
Did you know that the rooster says "clock-a-lewd-a-loo"? At least if you ask Presley that is what it says.
Presley is really into animal sounds. All day I hear her say the name of an animal and then the sound it makes. Over and over again. Yesterday it was "mon-key. Ooooh ooh eeh eeh." Today it's rooster (my favorite). I think her favorite is horse. She says that one a lot more than the others.
I love the phase she is in right now. The "mimic" phase where she just repeats everything you say. I think out of all the phases and stages my kids go through (and have gone through) this one remains my absolute favorite. Soon enough she'll quit saying all the cute little things toddlers say and quit doing all the things they do that make me smile. My mom told me I had her just so I could actually truly enjoy this phase one last time. And enjoy it enough to remember it without hurrying to move on making room for the next one. True. So true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
5 comments:
I LOVE THIS PHASE TOO! It is one of my favorites! They grow to fast. you need more updating.... Kennedy has filled me in on how busy you guys have been. blog it :)
You will have to remember her "happy, happy shoes, shoes" quote if she ends up growing up to love shoes. She will esp. get a kick out of it. :)
i hope she is still in this phase in october?
Funness.
I've never heard her say horse, and her favorite is the cat.
Post a Comment