Sunday, May 23, 2010

A New Hairstyle....

Today I'm sick. Strep throat. I'm going on 24 hours with antibiotics in my system, so I'm starting to come out of the fog I've been living in. Lying in bed I was trying to muster the energy to go check on my kids. Landon wandered into my bedroom holding the front of his hair mumbling something about his hair cutting skills. I perked up quickly to the word "cut". Unfortunately, the damage was already done.After my initial response of anger, I ran out of energy. Too sick to care. I found the clippers and had to drag him outside to the deck to finish the job. He kept saying "I only wanted it a little bit short, not a lot bit short!" I coaxed him to where the outlet on the deck was and clipper-ed him the rest of the way. On a number 1 I might add. That's a lot bit short. But it's what I had to do to match his own creative endeavors.While in the bathtub to wash off all the stray hair, he was sobbing. He thought he looked funny. Not the hilarious kind, but the ugly kind. I told him he could just wear a hat until his hair grew back. He asked if I had a hat with hair on it. Hopefully we've learned our lesson. Now we are 4 for 4 in the haircutting department in this household. I really need to prepare for Presley going through this phase. Pigtails are soooo much harder not to cry over.

7 comments:

charlie said...

Landon. Yo man. Thats exactly how I wear my hair. It looks good on you. I like it. Maybe we should start thinking about getting ourselves some tattoos....

Lyndsey said...

He is darling with or without hair, i love that kid! all of htem, but he just steals my heart

Deb said...

Great big chocolate brown eyes--who cares about hair! Can't wait to see him next week and all of you!

Eric said...

My hair is a little longer, but I with the bald spot on top it doesn't seem that way. It looks so good on Landon that way, maybe I should shave mine off, too?

Raquel said...

Oh my gosh. LOVE it. You need to keep it short. What a good summer haircut.

Melissa said...

Adalin has done it twice! The first time she cut Kira's too. I was even angrier at that b/c Kira just started growing hair!
Eh, he looks cute no matter what!

Judaloo said...

I know this shouldn't make me laugh, but it did. I have this feeling I am going to find Jacie with a bit cut off soon as she keeps talking about cutting her hair. Each time, I make a huge deal over her NOT touching her hair, but I can still see those wheels turning. To be continued....

Totally loved the hat with hair comment. That's what really made me laugh, not the sick part or the cutting of the hair part...

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.