Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pres-a-lina....

Presley is in the full toddling phase. You know the one. The one where you get out of the shower and find your Tupperware bowl on the floor next to the open bathroom drawer. You head to the living room and find your mascara next to an empty basket of toys. You find a stray toy next to the dumped over garbage can. You then find empty wrappers next to your shoes in your closet. Your shoes......blah, blah, blah. Point is, you can trace the girls steps by following the items you are missing. My floor is covered with paraphernalia from various locations. I can't keep up. It takes me 30 minutes every night to replace all her findings. And because I'm not really into this kind of pick-up game, it takes longer when I actually get around to it. Crazy. It's happened with every one of my kids. And I know that it lasts until close to age 2. This time I'm trying to appreciate it. She's got to learn somehow. Even if I am tripping over spoons and spatulas in my bathroom.....

She loves to eat. Anything really. I feel like I put her in her high chair countless times throughout the day. Goldfish is a favorite. And they vacuum easy.

She has started to fight sleep. What do kids think they are missing? Honestly. So. She tends to fall asleep when she's contained longer than 10 seconds. Like car rides. And during lunch...

But her favorite. And I'm talking absolute favorite thing to do. Find stuff in the garbage can. Yesterday I was folding laundry and she came in sucking on a used drinkable yogurt container. When I ran into the kitchen I found the garbage can tipped on it's side and everything we'd eaten the previous 12 hours spread all over the floor. Lucky me, she had diced pears for lunch. She hadn't finished them. Yuck. I didn't take a picture. But I should have. This afternoon I was making sugar cookies. (Don't praise me, they are for Young Women's) Landon was helping out (by eating the extra dough) and Presley was just toddling around. She came around the corner giggling like she was having the time of her life. Trouble. She had the empty sour cream container I had just thrown away and was drinking out of it like a cup. I took it away and screaming ensued. Mean mother that I am, I went to find the camera. Then gave it back to her for the photo op. She was pleased as punch. Until she realized I was once again taking it back. The photo was worth it.
We all love this little miss. Pres-a-lina is her nickname. It's fun to say. And she's fun to have around. Keeps me on my toes. But fun to have around..

8 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

We eventually moved our trash can into the garage after enough complaints from visitors that keeping it on the kitchen counter wasn't cool. Maybe not, but it fixed the problem.

Unless you count the bathroom trash cans. Nothing like an 18 month old walking into the family room (while visiting teachers are there, naturally) sucking on a used tampon applicator. Mmmmmmm...

Give me sour cream any.day.of.the.week.

Lyndsey said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STAGE!! I mean the picking up gets old but really who knew this stuff was sooo cool! TP especially! Lily has learned how to pick up the toilet lid, i found her dipping her sippy cup in it the other day. Not as bad as the tampon from above, that is classic, gross, but classic. really really gross.... lily and pres will have fun exploring together. i woul dlike to keep her at this age a little longer...

DeGooyer Family said...

Marshall is still in this stage. It's fun, but also can be very annoying!! =) Presley is SO cute - I LOVE the high chair pic - none of my kids have ever done this.

Unknown said...

She's a cutie Jayne. I love the sour cream pictures.

The Larsons said...

Love catching up on your blog. You are so good at writing! I feel like I run a hundred directions, and you are 2 kids up on me! And you ALWAYS seem to make it look easy. Pres is a DOLL. I love watching her and Beckett interact. And, you are 100% right about Jackson... he can do ANYTHING he puts his mind to!

Melanie Chambers said...

She's very very cute. When I read "presalina" I thought of this series of books by V. Kann called Pinkalicious, purpleicious and goldilicious. I guess it's not the same as ...a-lina, but it made me think of it and you should check them out. They're cute and girly books. Warning though, goldilicious is about a unicorn and those have always been a little wierd to me:)

Katherine said...

I love her.

Rebecca Pierce said...

I thought I'd be way behind on your blog, but this is the only post I haven't read! I guess you did slow down!

I am sooooooo starting over again with this baby in March. A 4 and a half year gap is going to rock me because my youngest has been basically hands free for two years already.

Presley is darling, she's such a match to your other kids...the Crook/Thomas mix! Even though it is hard, that is my favorite age...well, no...but the beginning of the part that I like. I don't like little ones, but I'm hoping I will like this little experience since it has been so long...

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.