I've been tagged, so this is something to keep my mind off my current state, and also to entertain those of you sick of hearing about my current state. Thanks Jess!
1. Where did you meet your husband?
At a ward barn dance my 1st year at Rick's College. He wasn't in my ward but came with some girls that were. He thought I was cute and asked me to dance. His roommate also thought I was cute, and asked me out on a date. I dated his roommate for a few months and in the meantime became pretty good friends with Shawn. I need to add that after hanging out at his apartment with his roommate for a week, I went home one night and told my roommates to "never let me date Shawn Crook because if I do I will marry him." How's that for insight? (I was waiting for a missionary)
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Probably some lame question all college people ask each other. Like, "where are you from? What's your major?" Along those lines.
3. Where was your first date?
We never really "dated". We more like hung out all the time. But, the first time I actually felt it was a date was when we went to a college production for some lame credit, but then he bought me a hogi-yogi treat after. First time he ever spent money on me.
4. Where was your first kiss?
Thanksgiving of my 2nd year at Ricks I lived with Shawn's sister Rhonda. I went home with her for the holiday break. We all ate dinner at Grandma McKellar's house and then Shawn and I left early to go home and watch a movie. We were cuddling on the couch in his parents basement and he turned and just kissed me. It was glorious. It was pretty long for a first kiss. He must have been saving it for a long time.
5. Did you have a long/short engagement/courtship?
Like I said, we really just hung out all the time. I was waiting for a missionary so he thought I was safe to hang out with, being that he had Medical school ahead of him and no desire to marry anytime soon. We met October 1993, but really started being together a lot September 1994. He proposed April 10th 1995, and we were married July 1995. (That makes me seem really old!)
6. Where did you get engaged?
In his old toyota corolla in the parking lot of Beaverdick Park. It went something like, "The only reason I'm not asking you to marry me right now is....oh......will you marry me?" Romance isn't our strong suit.
7. Where did you get married?
The Jordan River Temple in West Jordan Utah. We had a reception that night in Utah, and then a few weeks later in Moses Lake Washington. My dad paid for us to stay 2 nights in downtown Salt Lake or we wouldn't have done anything as far as a honeymoon is concerned. We were soooo poor.
Now we've been married 12 1/2 years, have 4.15 children, and are almost completely done with this medical training. I'm glad he didn't wait to finish school before he fell in love, and I'm glad it was me that stole his heart.
I'll tag anyone that so desires to spill their marital bliss with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
11 comments:
what a nice post..Thanks for Sharing..
It kind of weirds me out to know details like "he kissed me for a really long time." i know you were kind of easy back in your day, but still, your a mom!
So fun, I just love these things.
I loved this! How fun.
There is so much fun drama you are mentioning regarding the "missionary." :) Love the story. You are both catches!
I would have to agree with Katelyn on this... it's a little creepy! he he
Ahhhhh the good ole days. Beaverdick Park-I remember it well. When I was at Ricks we always hung out there Friday nights or Saturdays. Ricks is awesome. You guy's make a great couple and you have a great little family. Are you going to find out what your having??? Hope you start feeling better soon-take care!
THis is cute!
I am sorry that I haven't been keeping up on reading my blogs, but I just found out you are pregnant!!! Congratulations!!
What a great couple you guys make! Who would have known all that was in store for us when we first got married. I am pretty sure the whole med school/residency thing wasn't explained properly to me. Come to think of it the childbearing/child rearing thing was a bit hazy too!
What a great post for upcoming Valentine's day-and great story about how you guys were friends first.
Jayne.....
Jayne....
Are you still alive? You must really feel sick because I don't think this many days has ever gone by for you without posting new stuff. Are you OK?
Just kidding. Cute dating story.
Post a Comment