Friday, February 1, 2008

Cry Me A River......

I feel like garbage. I actually would venture to say that I hate my life in it's current state. I lay in bed all day long trying to muster the energy to do something that needs to be done. Like shower. Or feed a small child. It's hard. Sometimes I just cry because I don't think I can do it anymore. I miss trying to talk myself out of eating delectable food due to caloric intake. I just miss eating. Period. I've been watching a lot of tv. Sometimes I only listen because it's more comfortable to sleep on my side then on my back facing the television. Often a conversation between talk show co-hosts spins my mind into it's own thought process. Yesterday was one of those "ah-ha" moments for me. I was listening to someone going on about their life trials and started to really pity my own current state. Then a small thought popped into my head that actually made me grateful. Cancer. For some reason I started thinking about this heartbreaking disease and the options for curing it. Chemotherapy. Radiation. All of which have horrible side effects like nauseau, vomiting, loss of appetite. Chemo can go on for a year. After Chemo there is no cuddly newborn to show for all your countless hours of misery. You get to live. If you are lucky. This miserable state I'm in will be over in 7 weeks, and then I'll get to gain all that glorious weight by eating myself into oblivion. Then in September I'll get to hold a beautiful bundle of joy in my arms and all this sickness will be forgotten. (Not enough to do it again) Point being, my life in it's current state is awful and hardly blog-worthy. But, it could be worse. Much worse. I'm grateful for what I've got.

15 comments:

Jill said...

I love your attitude, your such an amazing person! I hope you feel better soon though, I am sorry you are so sick. You finally spilled the beans to on when you are due. Sept how fun!

nicole said...

I'm suddenly not feeling so bad that I gain like 15 lbs the day I get pregnant. I'm sorry you feel so awful- and its awesome that despite being miserable you still have such a great perspective.

Abby said...

Amen, Sister! You said it!

Pattie said...

i would give anything to be where you are at...just knowing you will end up with a sweet baby makes it worth it.

The Posse said...

I know what you're saying.. sometimes I feel the same way WITHOUT being pregnant! Hmmmm... Great work holding on there. At least talk shows are good for something...

Jodie B. said...

I watched my mom go through Chemo and everything since and it really does put things into perspective. But we are all human and we can feel any way we need to feel. Hang in there! It will be over soon and you are right- what a great thing to look forward to!! A sweet little new baby!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Good call. I don't know how people do morning sickness! You are a good writer, I like the idea of you being so uncomfortable that it isn't even important to face the television when you "watch". Chin up, girl!

Eric said...

You will survive this! Your mother did, and you are a lot like she is.

DeGooyer Family said...

Jayne, I feel so badly for you! Let me take the boys again sometime this week, so you can at least get some good rest. I'm glad you still have your good 'ole sense of humor, despite how you are feeling.

Melissa said...

Jayne,
Is there anything that you can eat? What is it? I can bring some over...

Judaloo said...

Wow, I had no idea a person could get so sick! Apparently, I had nothing to complain about when I was pregnant (although I complained enough to deserve to be this sick the next time)! But so good of you to think that things could be worse. It will all be worth it, Jayne. Keep your chin up...on the pillow.

Anonymous said...

Can you pass that not eating thing on to me? Without the pregnant part please. Hang in there!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

You are wonder woman! Thanks for the reality check.

Becca said...

I'm glad you have a good attitude, I just wish that you could feel better and have a good attitude about something less traumatic. Hang in there!

Natalie said...

Let me know when you are ready to eat--I'll join you!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.