Yesterday I took four of my five kids to see the movie "The Croods". Ethan was the one that stayed behind. Now that he's 13, he tends to enjoy staying home playing games on the computer with friends rather than spend quality family time with the rest of us. Jackson had an open house at school right before where he showed us the inner workings of his classroom. We sped from there to the theater for the five o'clock showing. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Presley. Part way through the show she happened to have control of the popcorn bucket. She leaned over to me and said, "Mom. Please pass the salt." To which I replied, "I don't have any salt." She said again, "Just pass it please." So. I did what any Mother would do. I passed her the pretend salt shaker. She took said shaker, shook it on the popcorn, and then passed it back. "Mom. Pass the pepper now." I passed the pepper. She shook it on her popcorn and passed it back. I was laughing to myself as I watched her "shake" this imaginary salt and pepper on the popcorn. Then. In a statement that can only be declared by Presley. While waving a hand in front of her mouth to show her disgust exclaims, "Ugh. This is gis-dusting! I put way too much pepper on it!" And then she proceeded to pass me the popcorn refusing to eat any more.
I sure am enjoying this girl. I don't know if it's because she's the youngest and I don't have a baby to occupy my thoughts, or if it's because she is just truly entertaining. Probably a mix of both. She definitely keeps me laughing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
4 comments:
YOU'RE Back!!! I loved loved catching-up on your blog this morning! And, as soon as I'm able, I'm strapping my bike to my car and coming to your house so we can go riding!
I second Natalie's comment. I just had a delightful time reading your blog...so now, I'm afraid I'll be a tad late for work. Oops. Welcome back!
I saw you were updated when I was updating! So exciting. I really like printing the blog into a book so it needed to be done! and PS- getting an ombre in 2 days! Am I cool enough?
Oh my gosh. I'm so glad I came to your blog this morning. she is so cute and funny. "just pass it please." I can't wait to tell Bobby. We still talk about the time she said, "Can I get a haircut?"
Post a Comment