Chad blowing the snow. We owe him. BIG time.
My front door. My wreath is dusted with the white stuff. Kind of pretty. If you are looking from the inside with your blanket and hot chocolate.
Shawn was following the blown paths with a shovel just to keep it clear. Underneath the snow is our very own private ice skating rink. Treacherous.
Kennedy was shoveling her own little spot. Chad aimed his blower just right and she fell over. Hilarious. She loved every minute of it. Crazy girl.
My frozen man. While I'm typing this he is still out there trying to keep the driveway clear. "It is like shoveling snow in a blizzard".
I've got my own little Jack Frost. Minus the teeth.
It's supposed to keep snowing and blowing until tomorrow morning. School has already been cancelled. My guess is they are out the rest of the week. As I was standing in the garage, taking turns with the kids and the snow shovel, I came to the conclusion that all along my lines of thinking have been correct. I've often said "Doing laundry in this house is like shoveling snow in a blizzard!" Or "Doing (insert whatever) is like shoveling snow in a blizzard." Today confirmed that statement for me. Shawn just walked in the door. As the door shut I looked out the window and the driveway is once again covered. Much like when I exit the kitchen admiring the cleanliness only to return to a cluttered counter and a sink full of dishes. After only 5 minutes. Painful. And all that clean laundry in the laundry room waiting to be folded? I have just as much in my kids bedrooms waiting to be washed. My life is like shoveling snow in a blizzard. Depressing? Sometimes. Discouraging? Sometimes. But. There are those few moments when you sit down with your hot chocolate and warm blanket despite the blizzard of life. It makes all the shoveling worth it. (Now I have to go see what damage was done to the kitchen while I took the time to blog this event. Lovely.)
3 comments:
We've got it down here too, but NOTHING like your photos! Sheesh. That being said, as a delivery driver, any kind of solid ice on the road makes me want to stay in bed. Although when I came home today Sierra reported that they've all been arguing/bickering/yelling at each other all day long, so if I have to choose, I'll take my chances on the road ;)
hahaha thanks jane! i needed that today!I'm going to always remember that. I always feel like that especially about the laundry. I don't mind dishes, but HATE doing the laundry, so I'll just let it pile up. I'm gonna get rich one day from inventing disposable clothes ;)
that last line is hilarious!
Post a Comment