My life has changed as of late. I'm in a new place (that I love), I have a billion things to do to organize this new place (it's going to take for-e-ver), and Presley can open every single door in our house. The last one is causing me serious issues. Because we have the fancy schmancy door handles that aren't your typical round ones, all she has to do is pull a little lever and the door opens. To the bathrooms. The kids bedrooms. The door to outside. And my most troublesome door, the pantry. She cannot be left unsupervised. Not for 30 seconds. It's exhausting me. And causing the #2 change of organization to be delayed continuously. Example. Saturday morning I decided I needed to run. I hadn't run for a few days, and because I'm supposed to be running a 10k in two weeks, I needed to run. Shawn said he'd watch Presley. Having no idea what our new life is like in this home, he felt she was fine playing with the others while he took a shower. I finished my run feeling fabulous. Until I walked upstairs. Presley had the pantry door open and the entire contents of a brand new bag of pretzels dumped on the floor in front of her. She was smashing them as hard as she could with her little feet. And enjoying herself I might add. Intermixed with the pretzels were a few banana peels and various other items from the garbage can. This is what my new days consist of. Every time I don't have her in my immediate sight I am on a mission to find her. I'm looking for baby locks for these particular doors. Tonight. Or these boxes will never get unpacked without her destroying the rest of my house in the process.
Other than the door opening issue, I looooove my new digs. I realize we need some serious color in this place, as everything is so brown that we own. That will come in time. We also need to learn how to decorate. That will also come in time. Even with bare walls, and neutral colors, we are happy.
My favorite things today?
My entire Kitchen....

Mostly because we can all sit up to the island and do things like this together......


And then bake them
all at the
same time because of this baby.

I also love gas stove tops. Have never had one before. Love at first use.

Maybe my girl
Rebecca would like to come show me her mad decorating skills? I'll cook you up something in my kitchen while I watch.......
20 comments:
Congrats on your new digs! :) Hope you find those door locks soon. For us there were just things that were never K.J. proof. :(
WOW - it's beautiful!!!!!
Your house looks great! I love your kitchen. We had those door knobs when we stayed for a month in DC last year. Elsa loved it and I hated it. Good luck.
having a major case of kitchen envy. looks so great. I'm glad you love it...because if you didn't you'd be crazy
I love it! It is so nice, i guess i don't know your style because i was surprised by the cream antiqued cubbards, i love them. I thought for sure you were cherry wood... the things you learn about your family through blogging
Love your kitchen! I hope you find some locks for those doors SOON.
Mad decorating skills? Psshaw. I've just never been lucky enough to have a BEAUTIFUL kitchen on move in day. SCRUMPTIOUS!!
As for the pantry situation, get your butt down to Lowes and buy a handle that matches the other ones but locks. Yes, it'll be a pain in the arse to have to open it everytime, but it'll be worth it. Or change it out to a round one and get the covers....although my kiddos could always open those faster than I could.
We've also done the "flip lock" latchy thing on the top as well as the closure thing like you would have on a backyard gate, but you have to chisel out some of the door frame so you might not want to deal with that. But they work...and it'll already be in place for when #6 comes along - HA!
(Brendan is 11 and unfortunately they don't make autism proof keeper outters so we have to get creative)
That is a BEAUTIFUL kitchen. Can't wait to some day visit it!
Hmmmm I am imagining me and my group there in about 2 weeks. I can't wait. And I agree with Rebecca get the flip latches they are great. Also how much fun are we going to have!? I am so excited.
We have the same counter top material! It looks beautiful....
OK I am green with envy- can I just have all of your kitchen appliances, I am shedding a tear as I type! Oh well I guess I will have to deal with my mediocre glass top stove and 1 oven- boo hoo!
So happy for you, and very glad that you love it!!!
Wanna hear a funny story? We just had an inspection done on our hopefully soon to be home and had somebody look at redoing our kitchen before we moved in-what we have picked out design wise is so much like yours! The off white cabinets, big darker wood island, lighter granite and stainless steel appliances. I can't wait to show John these pictures when he gets off call- what a great inspiration!
Ahhh... sorry to ignore the Presley issues, but LOOK AT THAT KITCHEN! I love it. Thanks for the pics. I do believe I will dream of a stainless steel double oven tonight. Oh, and I love the cupboards too. Gorgeous. :)
Your kitchen is awesome! I am so jealous. It has everything on my wishlist. If you guys are ever in KV, let us know. We would love to see you.
LOVE IT!!!! Need to come see it in person! AND, please let me take your little presley for a day?! Congrats on being IN!
I love your kitchen. I am so jealous!! BEAUTIFUL!! Presley is fun. What a crack up.
Sounds like Presley gives you enough exercise for the day:) I LOVE your kitchen!!! It kind of reminds me of some of the cool kitchens I saw at the Amish stores and wanted when we can afford it;) So if that is what a medical school wife has to look forward to after residency, maybe it's all worth it:)
Love it,love the cabinets, love the stoves, love the fridge...we have the same one, love the floor, love the kids...love it all!! So happy for you! I am so jealous I don't mind that presley is a hassle..you can't have everything you know;)
the flip lock thing works the best on the pantry door!!! We also have those door handles. I tried the ones at babies r us, but didn't work for my kids. I just had to switch door knobs for the locks on the doors I didn't want opened. I also tried the flip lock on my front door and it eventually broke. I now have a chain! I put it up high. Good Luck with that! So glad you are finally in your home. do you plan to stay there awhile? Miss you!
congrats on the new house. It looks gorgeous!
Post a Comment