Monday, January 11, 2010

Unsettled....

I woke up today tired. Not a good sign. I laid in bed an extra 30 minutes before heading downstairs to the treadmill. 20 minutes into my running routine I wondered why I'd even gotten out of bed in the first place. My workout wasn't exerting more calories than I knew I would consume today. I could tell by the way I was feeling that I would probably over-eat. I've accomplished nothing really all day. Except laundry. Which I guess is something when you are doing it for 7 people. I made a rule that if it came out of the dryer it needed to be folded immediately. I'm guessing the towels will rot in the washing machine before I get the whites out of the dryer to fold. I loathe whites. Folding all those socks. I just feel......bleh. I'm overwhelmed. And I think that is what makes me tired. And gives me the inability to accomplish anything I set out to accomplish. I don't know why I'm overwhelmed really. We made the decision to close on our house on February 10th so we will be moving in around 3 weeks. Movers are coming in to pack and move us, so I don't need to stress about that. Only. I think I do. I obsess about timing when it comes to transferring electricity. Gas. Phone. Satellite dishes. And it keeps me awake at night. Hence the tired morning. And. I hate change. I don't think I realized how hard change is on me until this morning. C'mon. I'm moving into a brand new house. That I love. And I helped choose. It's beautiful. And going to be so much better for us. But it's still change. Change in carpools. Routes to the grocery store. Timing in getting to and from places that I've already timed to the second. Like church. Or school pick-ups. All of these things take a place in my thought process and just won't let go. They spread like a fungus and overwhelm me to the point of exhaustion. I hate that about myself. Why can't I just be happy and excited and let everything flow naturally? Life would be so much better. And I'd get the sleep I need to function. And my pants would continue to fit.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Take it one day at a time. Relax--it's OK if things don't go pefectly. Think how great things will be in a month!

Melissa said...

YES! Thank you and an extra I don't like, for the whites.

Matt and Beth said...

Love you Jayne!!!

Rhonda said...

Kudos for getting on the treadmill anyways... I want to see some pictures of the new house that I haven't heard much about.

Danelle said...

Hopefully getting it out will help. I realized something a long time ago, which I'm sure you realize, too...you can deal with all that stuff in 3 weeks. And whether you worry about them right now, every night for 3 weeks, and don't get one wink of sleep, or not, they will still be there in 3 weeks. So why not enjoy the remaining 21 days and sleep, because you can not think or worry them away. And if you're a minute or two late...who cares, leave a couple minutes earlier the next day. Good luck.

Natalie said...

We are so alike so naturally, I think you are PERFECT! NEVER CHANGE!

Johansen Family said...

All right that is it! We need another craft day or a girls night out!

Rebecca Pierce said...

1. Stop matching socks. Just get a big basket and let them get their own socks. We have a closet in our laundry room that has four baskets in it that slide out like drawers. I toss each persons socks in their basket and it takes them like ten seconds to grab a match and be on their way. Besides, they are kept next to the shoes...how often do you have to run up the stairs to fetch socks for the kids when you are ready to leave? Take that off your list. For real.

2. Tylenol PM. You can't sleep with all this stuff on your mind.

3. Get Shawn to take your labs or something, maybe your thyroid or your iron levels are off. I mention those two things, because mine both were and I am able to compensate for them both now, and I feel like a human again.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.