I've lost my ability to write coherent sentences. And the desire to try to do so. Sad. I used to love this little blog. I've got pictures backed clear up to early September that I haven't even written about. I didn't include them in my September montage because I thought they deserved their own post. They still do. But will they now get completely left to gather dust? Can they gather dust if left on the memory card of my camera? See. Scattered thoughts. I'm all over the place lately. To give myself some credit, I have taken on a few new things this last month. I got called to be a counselor in the Young Women's presidency at my church. I'm over the beehives. (No, not the buzzing kind that produce honey. That is code for the 12-13 year olds) Though, they do buzz with excitement. I also joined a little preschool group for Landon. He is going to a bonifide-accredited-I-pay-tuition preschool on Tuesday and Thursday. But these girls asked. And Landon really could use at least 4 days of interaction. So. I teach every 3rd week on Wednesday and Friday. It's really low key. And there are only 3 of them. Perfect little group. And I'm enjoying watching Landon interact with the other kids.
Little miss Presley is toddling all over the place. She walks with her front half leaning forward like a little old woman with a back problem. Shawn says it's because she's just learning to balance. Whatever the case, she's adorable. It does always startle me when I'm trying to escape her (what kind of mother am I?) and as I go to shut the door to which I'm hiding behind I discover her right on my heels. Walking gets her places faster than crawling. It's taking some getting used to. And I've had to speed up my escaping.
I find myself being pulled 384,652 directions at once lately. Like I am constantly doing, only nothing ever gets done. If you asked me what I do in a day I don't really think I could tell you. But. I could tell you that I never really sat down. Except for when I'm in the car toting people to and fro. Crazy. Cry me a river. Life is good. Really good. Unless you hear how it really is from my oldest Ethan. "I hate my life. I hate all the rules this family has. Why can't I just do what I want! I can't wait until I can move out and make my own decisions!" Hmmm. I feel like this is starting a little early for my taste. Not even 10 yet. I guess he has always been a little advanced. But this is ridiculous. I've found that my heart isn't as soft as I thought it was. I find it easier to stick to my guns when my kids are argumentative rather than apologetic. Or whiny rather than kindly questioning. Good thing Shawn is able to make appearances more frequently than he used to. This parenting stuff is starting to get hard. I remember back when I thought 1 year olds were so hard because they just wanted to be wandering everywhere. Presley is in that same phase and she is by far my easiest.
My time in the blogging world is up for tonight. I have 7 loads of laundry to fold (I only wish I was joking), and a book for book club that I haven't even had the chance to start yet (it meets tomorrow night). Truth? I started this post 48 hours ago. It only took me 2 days to finish writing this tiny little bit. Sometime this week I will escape from all my duties and blog about Kennedy's baptism, the Royals Game we attended, and put some pictures up of my toddling beauty. Unless someone decides to get sick. Or I decide to run away from home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
9 comments:
I hide from my kids too. So glad I'm not the only bad mom. ;)
That wasn't coherent?
I totally 100% get it. I'm stuck there too and I wish I could figure out a way to escape. If you figure it out first, please let me know.
Miss you!
Good Luck with that laundry and escaping too. As far as attitude J.D. is just as bad - I don't know what happens right around that tenth birthday - but these children seem to morph - maybe an alien stole them and replaced them with another child?? Just keep telling your self - this to shall pass. That's what I do - don't know if it is working but I keep trying!!!!:)
Our kids were all perfect little angels and all the necessary work around the house just somehow seemed to get done. Neither parent ever felt the need to escape....well, at least the Dad didn't...
Seriously~we all get it! If your a Mom-a busy one you get it. I think your doing a great job. Half the time I think I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. It's all good though! :) Hang in there.
i feel your pain. most moms do. read the Nie Nie dialouges... link on danelles blog, you will feel better.....what theory is that, when life gets down, read about someone elses hardships and feel better...??lol that is horrible! but she is INSPIRING
Darla helped me learn something.....sometimes laundry doesn't need to be folded. It just needs to be separated into correct bins. What I am saying is as long as you know where to find the clean clothes it should be good enough, right? Folding laundry is like tying your shoes after you take them off.....it really doesn't get too much accomplished. ;)
YIKES---we need to start planning our girls weekend!
I totally know how you feel. I want to be over blogging, but it's such a great way to document, so I keep going...just not as good at it as I used to be!
Post a Comment