Wow. I can't believe that in a few short days September is over. I feel like my life is happening in lightening speed fashion and I have zero brakes. I love it. Not the "zooming so fast" part, but all the activities which are keeping me from twiddling my thumbs. This month started off amazingly. Meaning. Shawn's first week of vacation. After sending all the kids to school, and dropping Landon off at preschool, we headed to the golf course. Presley in tow. We picked up sandwiches from Quiznos and took advantage of the few hours we had. I didn't really golf. Mainly because it was so beautiful I was content to sit in the cart and laugh at Shawn. His jokes I mean. Not at his golfing style. Okay. It was his golfing style. But it was all in good fun.




Presley turned 1. No party. Just cake. Actually, not even presents. She is obviously the 5th child. She loved the cake just the same. And is probably wondering why she hasn't been given anything so tasty since that day....






Presley is starting to toddle those little legs of hers. She can go from floor to free-standing without touching anything. Then she'll take a few steps. She likes to clap as she walks and that distracts her, causing her to fall. Maybe she just likes to celebrate her own milestones. Am I not doing my job?


Lately she's been sporting what appear to be antenna's from the top of her adorable head. I'm ready for her to have hair. Until her pigtails are long and flowy? We get antennas. Cute all the same. I'm making various hair paraphernalia to adorn her with. The joys of having a girl too young to care what you dress her in, and how you do her hair.
Presley liked to get out of the cart when we hit the green and just crawl around enjoying the sunshine. What a perfect day.

Landon (Iron Man) was given his first bike this same week. He was supposed to get it for his 3rd birthday, but his parents are slackers.
Landon (Iron Man) was given his first bike this same week. He was supposed to get it for his 3rd birthday, but his parents are slackers.
Presley turned 1. No party. Just cake. Actually, not even presents. She is obviously the 5th child. She loved the cake just the same. And is probably wondering why she hasn't been given anything so tasty since that day....
Soccer is in full swing. Jackson is playing in a competitive league this year which means practice two nights a week, and games on Saturday. The games are all in the city--about an hour away. It makes for some good family time. This whole "Jack in a competitive league" thing is funny to me. Jack has never played soccer before. He has the ability, when he feels like it. And you never know when he's going to feel like playing, or feel like just tackling the other players. Maybe he's in the wrong sport? His uniform sure does make him look official. I love this kid.
Presley is starting to toddle those little legs of hers. She can go from floor to free-standing without touching anything. Then she'll take a few steps. She likes to clap as she walks and that distracts her, causing her to fall. Maybe she just likes to celebrate her own milestones. Am I not doing my job?
Lately she's been sporting what appear to be antenna's from the top of her adorable head. I'm ready for her to have hair. Until her pigtails are long and flowy? We get antennas. Cute all the same. I'm making various hair paraphernalia to adorn her with. The joys of having a girl too young to care what you dress her in, and how you do her hair.
This is our backyard during a sunset:
We love the view. And we'll continue to enjoy it until we move into our own house. That we've found, and have a contract on. We won't be moving in until May. Logistical reasons. But we are excited. Life is good. And busy. My posts are getting far and few between. I feel like I run from sun-up until sun-down toting kids from location to location. I imagine it will get more chaotic the older they get. I'm up for the challenge.
7 comments:
It's amazing how busy kids make you... even with only 1 kid needing to go places! SHEESH!
Sounds like my life and I'm not married to a Dr. and I only have 2 kids. :) Your a great Mom! I do have 16 daycare kids that keep me busy if that counts. Your kids are looking so big!
Walking, seriously? Crazy. Congrats on the new house!
what?? you got a new house??? the a hair and all is darling..
I think I like the picture of Landon on the bike best...what's his weight with the pads/helmet compared to his weight without?
Hi Jayne! Congrats on your triathlon and finding your house! Your kids are cute--you don't need me to tell you that, though!
Girl get your Mom thing on. We have no choice but to keep up with the challenges of being a Mom of 5 active kids. Looks like you have it under control.
Post a Comment