Saturday, September 5, 2009
Clarification....
I've had a few people ask about "my stalker". I'm actually not being stalked. I'm also not one to worry about being stalked. I don't think my life is exciting enough, or inviting enough, for someone to want to follow me around. Sure, I've heard stories before. But honestly. I'm of the "it will never happen to me" mentality. I live in the middle of nowhere Missouri. C'mon people. Then someone I recently met was stalked. And frightened for a time. Because of her blog. And then the icing on the cake. Another good friend went private. Her reason was because of her friend that posted this: http://brookemartin.blogspot.com/ Most people probably don't want to take the time to read what happened to this family, so I will sum it up. Some child pornography site stole pictures of her kids right off her blog. I've stolen pictures before and know how easy this task is. (Not for pornography, just for my own uses. I'm not deranged). After knowing this I am finally aware that maybe my kids are just cute enough to be viewed in ways that would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Even if the pictures I post are visually appropriate in every way. So. If you are reading my blog and I don't know about it, you aren't the reason I'm tightening ship. I actually love that virtual strangers have found some sort of solace in the words I write. And then I hear about it through the people who's blog connected them to mine. It makes me happy that there are those out there entertained by my existence. It saddens me that the world has become a place where we can't just be free to be without our babies precious little faces possibly becoming targets. Some of you are thinking "just go private already and quit talking about it". I know. Honestly, I just don't want to leave anyone out. And by blocking my blog I feel like I'm locking the gate. Which is good. And bad. All at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
7 comments:
YIKES!!!! I'll be waiting for my invite and saddened that we live in a world where we have to worry about this kind of CRAP!!! I'm not even going to tell Ray about it because I don't want "I told you so...." about the private thing!
I feel the very same way about going private--I fee like I've locked a gate. My MIL can't get into it because her work blocks it. SHe can get in if she doesn't have to log in, but I really really really don't want to be one of those other people that have horrible things happen. I get ya, Jayne. I get ya.
I'd love an invite: jessgowdy (at) gmail (dot) com. I love reading your blog and getting some insight in the road ahead of us!
That is scary. Haven't decided to go private yet - but may in the future. Waiting for my invite though. amlbrower@hotmail.com.
That is very scary! I love reading your blog, so I would LOVE an invite! Laceyc3@hotmail.com
I hope you guys are doing well!
Lacey Guy :)
I would love an invite to your blog. gage.christina@gmail.com
I have gone private also I can send you an invite if you would like.
Christina
Me too! mandisteps@gmail.com
Post a Comment